Position type: Volunteer
Time commitment: Minimum 2 hours per week
Reports to: Director of Operations
An ARCNH Group Facilitator organizes, leads and promotes a structured group recovery program. Some examples of a facilitated group program include SMART Recovery and Women For Sobriety.
ARCNH is also open to accepting self developed group programming so long as the facilitator can provide ARCNH with a written program plan. If no such program plan exists, ARCNH can assist in development of the program plan.
ARCNH welcomes 12 step programs and other self-supporting, member facilitated programs. Facilitation of these programs is not considered a volunteer position with ARCNH as it would be a violation of that programs traditions or principles. Individuals seeking to begin a group at ARCNH should contact us at email@example.com to request usage of the meeting room.
- 18 years of age or older
- Is certified to facilitate the chosen group recovery program
- Identifies as in recovery from Substance Use Disorder and is willing to share details of personal recovery experience (preferred but not required)
- Provide facilitation of a weekly recovery group as defined by the chosen recovery program’s plan
- Ensure meeting room is kept in good order
- Identify appropriate opportunities to link group participants to community resources
- Engage and refers individuals who may benefit from the ARCNH Recovery Coaching Program
- Participate in weekly Group Facilitator team meetings
- Maintain a current knowledge of community resources and pathways to recovery, researching new resources and pathways when necessary
- Attend ARCNH events whenever possible
Comments are closed.