RECOVERY COACH ACADEMY
Cost: $100 for all 5 days. Register here>>>
BECOME A CRSW
A Certified Recovery Support Worker (CRSW) is an individual who has gone through substantial training to become certified to provide recovery support to persons with substance use disorder. The CRSW’s scope of practice includes screening for substance use disorders, monitoring client health and safety, and providing practical, non-intensive supports and education.
Complete the RCA above, in addition to the 3 courses below, to satisfy the educational requirements of the NH CRSW license.
Continue reading below for more information about the requirements for CRSW licensure in addition to educational requirements.
CRSW Education Requirements
At ARCNH we recommend meeting the state’s requirements by participating in the following courses; a 30 hour RCA course, a 12 hour ethical considerations for recovery coaches course, the 6 hour suicide prevention course, 6 hour HIV/AIDs course, and a 6 hour motivational interviewing course. The completion of these courses will exceed state minimums but at ARCNH we believe all of these courses are important for being prepared to be the most effective Recovery Coach possible.
The State’s Education requirements as listed in the alc-300 are as follows:
- A minimum of 46 hours covering the 4 domain areas( (1)Advocacy; (2) Ethical responsibility; (3) Mentoring and education; and (4) Recovery and wellness support), to include at least:
- 16 hours of education in ethics related to substance use counseling
- 6 hours of education in suicide prevention
- 6 hours of education in HIV and AIDS prevention
- The required education shall be provided, sponsored or approved by:
- The board or the licensing body of any other state within the IC&RC
- New Hampshire Training Institute on Addictive Disorders
- New Hampshire Center for Excellence
- New England Institute of Addiction Studies
- Any educational unit of the New Hampshire Community College System
- Any other public or private agency or institution that is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and that provides training related to any of the topics list in (1) above
- At least 50% of the required education described above shall be provided, sponsored or approved by the board or the licensing body of any other state within the IC & RC
- No more than 50% of the required education shall be obtained by the applicant through online courses
After completion of all education requirements 500 working hours must be earned under CRSW Supervision. Finally, the IC & RC exam must be completed.
For More Information:
Read more about the State’s CRSW Certification Requirements here: ALC-300 .
Or Contact us about pursuing a CRSW at (603)554-8142 or email@example.com
More CRSW Courses
The New Hampshire Technical Institute now offers a course that meets all education requirements of the CRSW certification program in an 8 week online course. Visit their site to learn more or sign up!
The New Hampshire Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors Association provides accredited trainings. Some offerings can go towards CRSW accreditation. Many are designed to provide continuing education opportunities for certified CRSW’s.
Recovery Coach University (RCU) provides a 30 hour Recovery Coach Academy, an ethical considerations course and many other educational opportunities.