Peer Support | HIV/AIDS | Suicide Prevention | Ethics
Next Series Apr/May 2023
CRSW TRAINING SERIES
REGISTER HERE>> ARCNH.ORG/CRSW-TRAINING
Date: Apr/May 2023 | Location: ARCNH, Milford NH
This 4 part series meets the education requirements for NH CRSW initial certification. Courses can be taken individually or as a whole series.
- The Art & Science of Peer Assisted Recovery : 5 days/30 CEUs | 8:30AM-4:00PM | 4/14-4/21/23
- Ethical Considerations of Peer Assisted Recovery: 2 days/14 CEUs | 8:30AM-4:30PM | 5/3-5/4/2312
- Suicide Prevention for Peer Assisted Recovery: 1 day/6 CEUs | 8:30AM-4:00PM | 5/10/23
- HIV|AIDS|Hepatitis Prevention for Peer Assisted Recovery: 1 day/6 CEUs | 8:30AM-4:00PM | 5/12/23
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS TRAINING SERIES? This course is beneficial for anyone who regularly interacts with people with substance use disorder. This includes not only people pursuing clinical addiction/mental health licensure but also community members such as first responders, clergy members, teachers, healthcare providers, holistic health providers, fitness instructors, human resource directors and more. For those pursuing the NH CRSW certification, completion of this 4 part series will exceed the state’s minimum education requirements for the certificate by 10 hours, but at ARCNH we believe completion of this entire series is vital in becoming the most effective CRSW possible.
WHAT IS A CRSW
A Certified Recovery Support Worker (CRSW) is an individual who has gone through substantial training to become certified to provide recovery support to persons with substance use disorder. The CRSW’s scope of practice includes screening for substance use disorders, monitoring client health and safety, and providing practical, non-intensive supports and education.
To become a CRSW in NH an individual must meet several requirements. A complete list of requirements can be reviewed in the ALC-300. For more information on CRSW certification requirements, please review our CRSW Info Sheet, review the additional information below, or call/email ARCNH: email@example.com | 603-554-8142
CRSW Education Requirements
For more information on CRSW certification requirements, please review our CRSW Info Sheet, review the additional information below, contact us (call/email ARCNH: firstname.lastname@example.org | 603-554-8142)
At ARCNH we recommend meeting the state’s requirements by participating in the following courses;
- 30 hour Recovery Coach Academy (RCA) course
- 12-16 hour ethical considerations for recovery coaches course
- 6 hour suicide prevention course
- 6 hour HIV/AIDs course
- 6 hour motivational interviewing course
The completion of these courses will exceed state minimums, but at ARCNH we believe all of these courses are important for being prepared to be the most effective CRSW possible.
The State’s Education requirements as listed in the ALC-300 are as follows:
- A minimum of 46 hours covering the 4 domain areas( (1)Advocacy; (2) Ethical responsibility; (3) Mentoring and education; and (4) Recovery and wellness support), to include at least:
- 16 hours of education in ethics related to substance use counseling
- 6 hours of education in suicide prevention
- 6 hours of education in HIV and AIDS prevention
- The required education shall be provided, sponsored or approved by:
- The board or the licensing body of any other state within the IC&RC
- New Hampshire Training Institute on Addictive Disorders
- New Hampshire Center for Excellence
- New England Institute of Addiction Studies
- Any educational unit of the New Hampshire Community College System
- Any other public or private agency or institution that is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and that provides training related to any of the topics list in (1) above
- At least 50% of the required education described above shall be provided, sponsored or approved by the board or the licensing body of any other state within the IC & RC
- No more than 50% of the required education shall be obtained by the applicant through online courses
Find CRSW Courses
ARCNH hosts a CRSW certification series 1-2 times per year. If course registration at ARCNH is not currently available, look for trainings provided by these trusted organizations.
Choices Addiction and Recovery Training provides all courses required to obtain a CRSW certification, along with many other recovery trainings. Visit their site to explore their current offerings.
View Choices’ Offerings Here>>
The New Hampshire Technical Institute now offers a course that meets all education requirements of the CRSW certification program in an 8 week online course. Visit their site to learn more or sign up!
Learn more about NHTI’s CRSW Course >>>
SOS provides all courses required to obtain a CRSW certification. Visit their site to explore their current offerings.
Recovery Coach University (RCU) provides a 30 hour Recovery Coach Academy, and an ethical considerations course that meet the requirements for CRSW certification, along with many other educational opportunities.
CCAR provides a 30 hour Recovery Coach Academy, and an ethical considerations course that meet the requirements for CRSW certification, along with many other educational opportunities.
The New Hampshire Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors Association provides accredited trainings. Some offerings can go towards CRSW accreditation. Many are designed to provide continuing education opportunities for certified CRSW’s.